Creating exquisite outdoor spaces
No matter how stylised, minimal or eccentric a garden, everyone desires a basic element of nature to be represented in our outdoor spaces. A water feature is the simplest way to provide this.
Combining spaces with nature
Here are a few design considerations that we use when designing a Koi Pond.
- Size does matter. We prefer to design ponds with a minimum capacity of 5000 litres or larger. The bigger the pond the better for the Koi
- 80cm – or deeper. Deeper is better. Does not take up any more space or proportionally more filtration.
- The design of the pond will be determined by the style of the landscape surrounding the pond.
- One or more bottom drains.
- The bottom of the pond must slope towards the drains and away from water falls or incoming water.
- We do prefer to install some form of surface skimmer.
- We install all our systems with Bio-filters, Sand Filters and UV Lights.